February 18, 2012

Warning: Do not try this at home ! !

I have always been amazed by performers that eat fire and swallow swords.
I find my self wondering... how are they doing that?
And I wonder ... do they ever burn themselves?   Especially when they are learning the routine.
Are these performers brave and courageous or would you call them daredevils?
Is this considered a talent or is it a sport?
Anyway, thought I'd share the following with my friends in blogger land.

~ From a recent performance at the 'Flying Monkey' in Huntsville Alabama.~


Rosewood, Fire, and Steel combines classical guitar with the ancient art of sword-swallowing, dance, and fire-eating for a performance that is both musically and visually thrilling.
The duo teams up guitarist Phil Weaver with Patricia Forrest, who has an extensive background in dance and musical theater. She was a member of the Huntsville Ballet Company and danced in the Nutcracker as well as other ballets. She is a member of the Sword Swallower's Association International, a very exclusive group of only a few dozen members worldwide.





Have a super great weekend ! 
gloW    ♫

.

17 comments:

  1. When I see this I think of what I read about sword and fire swallowers. They die early and get throat cancer. I would say they are foolish to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.... "foolish" is the word I was searching to use, but was having one of my 'senior moments' so i said "daredevils". LOL
      I was wondering if they ever have consequences from doing such a foolish trick.... Not worth it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes it is, and I would never, never even try it.

      Delete
  3. oh, no idea..:( But i don't watch like that. Afraid to get hurt,hehe..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. When I used to go to the circus I never wanted to watch the high-wire acts because I did not want to see them fall. Watching daredevils is not my idea of entertainment.

      Delete
  4. eeewwwwwww! but we all have our gifts....Great post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmm.... well that's a gift I can do without... :-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing. This is neat. I would send it to my son, but am afraid that his son ( who is six) might copy doing it when no one is around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh .... that would be really bad!
      I guess there should be a warning that says "DON'T try this yourself"
      Thanks for your comment.
      gloW ☼

      Delete
  6. The kitty looking at herself as Lion picture is neat. Can I please send it to my son so he can show it to his kids?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Wanted to let you know Jacob,and I moved our blogs over to wordpress :)

    http://iamonewearethree.wordpress.com/

    and Jacobs

    http://apilgrimsjourney2015.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. they were also at Berkeley Bob's in Cullman, but we missed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jilda
      I was thinking about you and Rick a few days ago when those tornados were going through Alabama again.
      I'm glad they missed you guys :-)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing. I don't know hw they do it, must be some trick to it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your post whiteangel.

      Delete