This past weekend was the Christmas River Parade, an annual holiday even in San Antonio.
This year the city replaced the lights on the River Walk with LED lights (to conserve energy) but most people don't like the new look and are not very happy.
Some of the remarks were:
* The new lights lack the romance of the old ones.
* The trees are not well lit, mainly because the new lights do not drape the tree canopies.
* In years past, it was beautiful and magical the way the lights swayed over the river itself and as you rode on the barges the lights seemed to surround you like brightly colored twinkling stars.
* Now, it seems there has been a lot of money spent on very dense, tightly packed lights that are sometimes obscured by the canopy of the trees.
* Nothing moves or twinkles or blinks...
I've posted pictures of then and now.
|Now - 2011|